Thursday, December 14, 2006

It's in You to Give.


There's something I've never done. And the opportunity just presented itself; I found out they're having a Blood Donor Clinic next Wednesday and Thursday near my work.

For some reason, I'm nervous to do it. I don't know why. Mrs THIT has donated a bunch a times in the past. And I'm no stranger to needles. I've had allergy tests done as a kid, and received shots regularly for quite some time. I don't know what those test are like now but back then they stuck all kinds of needles in you. I think one test was something like 700 shots.

Or what is 17?

Well, it was a lot. So it's not that, but I'm still nervous.

I guess I have this irrational mental picture of them starting to draw blood then being unable to stop. Next thing I know, I look like Iggy Pop.


Hmmm...Iggy looks like he's beefed up in recent months, actually...Dude's like a fine wine!

I believe I've digressed again...I'll probably go ahead with it after running it by Mrs THIT for feedback. Hopefully whoever gets my blood gets a sudden urge to turn vegetarian. Could that happen?

Speaking of that, I looked up what blood type on their website. Or at least, I looked up A+. I've always thought I was an A+. Mum, if you're out there, correct me if I'm wrong. Mind you, I've had so little to do with the A+ designation during my scholastic years (which I enjoyed so much, I extended by about a year and a half) that I'll be damned if I'll give up my only chance at an A+ without a fight even if you tell me otherwise.

Anyway, they said:

So, you’re an A. You already know that having type A blood suggests that you are reliable, a team player and may benefit from a vegetarian diet.

Did you also know that anthropologists believe that type A blood originated in Asia or the middle east between 25,000 and 15,000 BC?

Well no, of course I didn't know that! Who the hell would??

No comments: