Sunday, January 21, 2007

Why Run When You Can Walk?


Well, earlier I lamented the fact that I likely would not be able to participate in the CN Tower Climb because of our move. But if I can't climb, maybe I can walk.

The National Capital Marathon takes place on the weekend of May 26th and 27th. I don't know if can hoof it for 10KM, but they do have a 5KM option.

Now, those of you who know me know I'm lazy. For those of you who don't, I'm telling you. And even that is an effort.

Being lazy is not as easy as it sounds! When you're lazy, EVERYTHING is an effort. In fact, getting this far into this post has put me in a mood for a little nap. I'd do that right now, but I'm just too lazy to walk all the way to the bedroom.

Lazy people like me need a reason to move. I'll be damned if I'll walk 5KM just "because it's there". It's there every day, when you get right down to it.

But I was made aware that the fine folks behind the Isaac Foundation have a fundraiser planned around this, so all of a sudden it's become sort of tempting. Cripes, after we move into the new place, walking will be about all I can afford anyway, so I might as well make myself useful while I'm at it.

This one will get strong consideration as the date gets closer. The marathon is quite a large event and it'd be interesting to take part in it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do the 10k, just pace yourself and alternate form walking to running and remember the time means nothing it is the completion of the race that is the challenge, have confidence and you will complete.I have faith you can do it just from reading your blog.