Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Not Gonna Happen.


Received from the PETA.

The sign of Satan is less than a month away (6/6/06), and there’s no better time to plan a wicked demo to show people in your city how hellish life is for chickens who are killed for KFC! One easy idea is to get a Satan costume (even a red suit with horns would work) and stand outside your local KFC for an hour while holding a sign that says, “KFC Is Hell for Chickens.” PETA even has evil Colonel Sanders masks that you could wear as well as signs that say, “Colonel Sanders Is Satan to Chickens.” The possibilities are as endless as your imagination!

I understand that at times, you have to talk REAL LOUDLY to be heard. But I think there's a line you cross where you just come off looking like such a jackass that your message gets lost. I'll leave you to decide where this one fits for you, but I know I've made up my mind.

I'm reminded of a co-worker telling me about seeing two topless women a couple of blocks away from where I work protesting against fur. Now I admire on the one hand that they'd use the most powerful weapons on Earth (boobies) to state their case, but on the other hand, how many people (well...guys) remember what they were out there for? I'm willing to bet that a significant portion of the male population that laid eyes on those two will not recall that they were protesting against fur, and if they do recall it, it won't be a part of the story when they tell their buds.

Or, for that matter, when they post the ladies' pictures on the internet. Cameras on phones now. Ain't technology grand?

No comments: