Saturday, February 17, 2007

I'm Five Degrees from Kevin Bacon.


I work with a guy named Guy Leduc.

Guy has met actor Adam Beach.

Adam Beach was in Joe Dirt, with the lovely Christopher Walken.

Christopher Walken was also in Catch Me if You can, which co-starred Tom Hanks.

Tom Hanks was in Apollo 13 with...Kevin Bacon! God, it's like we're blood relatives!**

From this silly little game, Kevin Bacon started a community of people dedicated to raising funds for their favourite cause. Not surprisingly, he named it Six Degrees. Anyone with a charity that they particularly care for can create their profile and provide people an easy method by which to donate.

I quiet like this idea. I frequent a number of message boards and such, but I know that there are people that do far more of that than I do, and in a more widespread manner (MySpace, etc). I would create a Six Degrees profile and include a link to it in my signature for every message board of which I'm a part. Even if people who view it are not motivated to donate, you can at least increase awareness to your cause.

**Surely Kevin Bacon and Christopher Walken have done a movie together at some point??

No comments: