Monday, February 26, 2007

Is It Anything like a Furby?


Yay! I've adopted my very own MP!

The Climate Action Network has started a "Adopt an MP" program.

Thirteen MPs have been assigned a task that would make any self-respecting politician tremble. While balancing pressures from lobby groups, their own political parties and, yes, environmental organizations, they have to improve Canada’s Clean Air Act to make it more acceptable to Canadians.
/
Adoptive parents will be asked to send emails prepared by CAN-RAC to your MP. If you have more time to devote to parenting duties you can follow the committee proceedings and send your feedback on your MP’s actual performance. Unlike real parenting, how much time you spend on your MP is totally up to you.

Interesting. I've selected Ottawa-South MP David McGuinty. Say hello, Dave.



"Hello"


I don't currently live in Ottawa South, but I will in a few weeks...or months. Whenever the hell we finally move in to our new house. There's been a delay in the closing date, don't you know.

But that's neither here nor there. Bottom line is that my current MP is recently-appointed Environment Minister John Baird (I miss you, Rona...call me?), and McGuinty (who will henceforth be know as "D-Mac" to street him up a bit) will be my next one. Sweet!

I lead a charmed life, I tell you. Except when it comes to having houses built. There, karma chooses to kick me in the ass to make up for all the other stuff that's so good.

So...I don't know what to do right now. I don't believe that I'm expected to feed him like a Furby, put a towel over his head to make him sleep or change his diaper or anything. I'm still a little unsure. But I'll think on it for a spell and at least introduce myself at some during the course of the week.

I hope my adopted MP and I get along...

No comments: