Sunday, June 04, 2006

All Right, I'm In.


I signed up earlier tonight for the 3K Walk portion of the HBC Run for Canada event. I always enjoy the Olympics and I don't mind contributing a little something here even though this isn't a charity as such.

Over the years, people have often said that Canadian athletes are underfunded, so this is neat opportunity to do a little something about it. Anyone wishing to participate can do so by clicking on "Ottawa", then the "donate" button, the "pledge a participant" option and looking me up by name (spelled exactly as I've done at above right, with the hyphen). Make sure to select the 3K event. This link might work but I'm not certain.

The only downside is that I can't bring Oscar. :-( No dogs allowed. But then he would have slowed me down considerably as he stops to sniff every blade of grass on the way, and I have places to be later that day.

Canada Day spent suporting Canadian Olympic Athletes. I could think of worse things to be doing...

No comments: