Saturday, June 24, 2006

It's Not My Fault that Rona Ambrose is Hot....

...but it'll probably be used against me anyway so I have to be careful how I choose my words.

It's a matter of personal opinion, of course, but I find Canadian Minister of the Environment Rona Ambrose to be hotter than a firecracker.


That's bad, because I plan on asking her out on a date. And that could be misinterpreted.

Now of course I'm happily married (see the previous post. I risked my life CAMPING for this woman. What more proof do you need??) and to the best of my knowledge (and according to her bio) so is the smoldering Rona. And that shouldn't surprise anyone. How could a brainy fox like that go unhitched for any significant length of time??

I'm still going to ask her out (next time she's in Ottawa) because it won't be THAT kind of date. I'm not asking her to come with me to my prom or anything.

I want her to come and see An Inconvenient Truth with me.



Mrs THIT and I went to see this earlier tonight. We both enjoyed it, at least as much as one can enjoy such a bleak view of the current state of the world. At least it leaves you with the message that something can still be done, assuming it's 100% accurate (and as you know, I have a hard time taking all these claims at face value).

But one of the problems with this type of movie is that the majority of folks who see it will be those who least need to. Christine (Mrs THIT) and I are already pretty environmentally aware and careful. Are we perfect? Hardly. But many people could stand to be as imperfect as we are, if you catch my drift.

And that's the thing with red-hot Rona. Even aside from the fact that the political party of which she's a part is not particularly known for environmental friendliness, there's really little in her bio to indicate that she has any experience dealing with environmental issues. She may be very well qualified, for all I know, but it's impossible to determine whether this is a job, or something legitimately close to her heart based on her background alone.

For some reason, I get the sense that she hasn't seen this thing. So I'll offer to take her to see it next time she's in town. I'll pay (call me old-fashioned). Hell, it's my idea, so I really should, though I have a feeling that she makes far more than I do. Call it a hunch. Afterwards, we'll sit through the credits long enough for her to give me her take on it, then that's it. She can go do her thing, and I can go home to my wife and wiener dog.

I don't think that's too much to ask. I'll prepare my e-mail tomorrow and see what happens. I've already written to her before to ask about their (the Conservative Party) take on wind power. I never received a response, but I just assumed that Smokin' Rona was too busy being hot. Hopefully the next time she's in town she has a spot open on her schedule for this Treehugger in Training.

No comments: