Tuesday, August 29, 2006

And Speaking of "C" Words...

I must admit that camping didn't suck this time around. We left Sunday early afternoon and returned earlier today.

I'd been to Murphy's Point a couple of times now. Mrs THIT claimed that she's never been there without having at least one deer sighting, to which I called bullshit. I didn't recall one my first time, but she trumped me by saying that she saw one while she was walking Oscar and I had dozed off at the site. Sounds like something I'd do, so I couldn't argue. Damn!

Regardless, we had no less than a dozen such sightings in the space of 48 hours. It was unbelievable. Surely we must have seen a couple of them more than once but regardless; that they were so...available...was a rare treat. I only managed a couple of pictures, and on a disposable camera that expired a month ago no less, but when I'm able to I'll post them.

Does that mean that I'm sold on camping now? If you just asked yourself that question, please follow the following instructions:

a) Pick up your keyboard so that the bottom end faces you lengthwise. In other words, the fingers on your left hand will be next to the F keys and the fingers on your right hand will be next to the space bar. The keys will face away from you.

b) Hit yourself over the head with it.

Of course I'm not sold on camping! I still slept like crap (thanks again, Oscar, for keeping me safe from CHIPMUNKS) and got eaten by mosquitos. Seeing deer didnt take that away; it just softened the blow.

But at the end of the day, I can at least appreciate that Christine enjoys it and it's time together that I've bitched in the past we dont get enough of (this seems like terrible sentence structure). So I'll still make my at-least-once-a-month forays into the wild next year as well. Hell, with the new house camping will probably be all we can afford!

No comments: