Tuesday, August 15, 2006

If You Have To Pick Up Dog Crap Anyway...

...may as well do it "cleanly". In their own words...

BioBag Dog is the first 100% biodegradable and 100% compostable "plastic" pooper bag in the world.

Our bags contain no polyethylene-based ingredients. BioBag Dog is fully certified by the US Composting Council and the International Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI). As natural as a dog's droppings, our bags are made to decompose in 40 days when placed in a regulated composting environment. Regular plastic takes well over 100 years to degrade.

I like that their website also supplies instructions as to how to go about picking up dog "droppings".


If you're looking at this now and saying "Ah, man! I've been doing it wrong all this time!!" then you have my deepest, sincerest sympathies.

MRs THIT bought some of these a couple of weeks ago, and I'd been dying to try them. Anything that makes one look forward to picking up wiener dog leave-behinds is pretty special in itself.

My big chance came this morning, as it was my turn to take Oscar on his morning stroll. No sale though. For some reason, it just wouldn't happen for him. Of course, if we'd have company coming over, he'd have decided that this was a good time to paint the house, if you know what I'm saying. L'il jerk. I'm sure I'll get my chance sooner of later though.

As is often the case, these are alittle pricier than the regular bags, but we'll pick up a box from time to time just to thin down our plastic "contribution", at least.

No comments: