Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I'm Burnt, I'm Broke, I'm Back!

Paraphrasing former Redskins great John Riggins there...

Christine and I returned from the Daytona 500 last night to jubilant kisses from Oscar. There was also a number of them from me to my computer after going internet-less for a staggering four days. Truly, I thought I might perish.

It wasn't until this morning that I got into the e-mail address I use for my THIT stuff and found a slightly overwhelming 46 newsletter and Google alerts waiting. Oh dear. That'll take a little time to sort through but I'll get caught up before too long.

In the meantime, allow me to express my deep-rooted hatred for the airline industry. May all their upper management types find themselves spiraling towards the deepest and darkest pits of hell. The airlines suck, they know they suck, and I don't believe that they care that they suck. Any flight that I take now which includes a connection turns into an exercise in frustration created by delays, gate changes and under-staffing. Hell, I'm even exhausted by being woken up to be asked if I want a refreshing beverage!

I'd love to be able to say that I'm swearing off flying but that's not probably not realistic. I will, however, make every effort to make my way around through some other means until I hear, by word of mouth, that the industry has gotten its collective head out of its collective ass. Keep me posted, people.

No comments: