Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Save Some Paper, Save Some Trouble.

This is so small and silly that I'm even reluctant to post it. It's another one of those "painfully obvious yet easy to overlook" things I mentioned in a previous post, like not letting the water run when you brush your teeth.

Want to do a small favour for the environment, while ridding yourself of a pain in the @$$? Go paperless with your bank.

I was working out my *chuckle* finances, still coming to the conclusion that 0.00 + 0.00 = 0.00, when I saw the option to "go paperless" and have the bank stop sending me statements. So not only do they not send statements, they also won't send all that other promotional crap that comes with it, that I barely glance at anyway.

The "catch" is that they ask that I log on at least every 30 days or some such, which is not a problem since I log on every two weeks right after I get (barely) paid anyway. If something were to happen and I couldn't access a computer for several weeks, well...I would probably spend a few days weeping openly in the fetal position. But upon recovery (presumably) I could simply ask them to resume their paper-ish ways.

No need to store it, no need to recycle it...as long as you stay on top of your stuff, it seems safe.

Makes sense to me. I think Annika would approve.



In fact, Lenga probably would too...

No comments: