Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Other CFL.


Compact Fluorescent Lights. They can't possibly let me down anymore, or cost me more, than the Canadian Football League has. Damn Renegades...I'm still sore about that.

We're going Bullfrog on Earth Day. Have I mentioned that? I know I've talked about Bullfrog before but I don't know if I'd specified when we were doing it. Anyway, that's when.

About these bad boys, the Energy Star site says...

If every household in the U.S. replaced one light bulb with an ENERGY STAR qualified compact fluorescent light bulb (CFL), it would prevent enough pollution to equal removing one million cars from the road. CFLs provide high-quality light, smart technology, and design, requiring less energy while lasting longer than typical incandescent bulbs.

...and probably cost an arm and a leg. However, my understanding is that "lasting longer" equal 6-10 times longer. That's not too damn bad. So we'll probably investigate this right around the time that we switch to Bullfrog (Earth Day, if you haven't heard...) and use the "require less energy" part to offset the fact that Bullfrog costs a little more.

Plus they look kind of cool. For a light bulb.

No comments: